Sunday, May 10, 2009

Blogging For Love Or Money?

I admit that I missed the original line which started this thread, but no surprise that such an absurdly inaccurate statement came from Mark Penn, Hillary Clinton's campaign pollster.

"There are almost as many people making their living as bloggers as there are lawyers. Already more Americans are making their primary income from posting their opinions than Americans working as computer programmers or firefighters."

Alex Beam rightly counters that claim. If The Wall Street Journal really publishes such bubbeh maiseh, I've lost my respect for that paper.

Between my two main blogs, Shiloh Musings and me-ander, I make very little from webads. I donate the sum to our local synagogue to cover the expenses of Shabbat Kiddushim. I'm debating whether or not to put the google ads on my blogs and open up a paypal account.

I can't imagine that my blog income will suddenly increase, even getting to my former part-time teaching salary. I wish.

No comments: