Friday, May 01, 2009

Yummy and Simple Vegetable Variations

Today I decided to change our standard menu a bit. For months and months, almost every Shabbat I serve baked chunks of potatoes and sweet potatoes to my husband and carb-eating guests.

It was boring me, so I'm sure they're tired of eating it. And if not, sorry, I hope they like the new menu. There will be rice for the starch, and for the big vegetable treat I placed:

  • sweet potatoes
  • squash
  • pumpkin
  • onion
  • cauliflower
  • and dribble some oil, then bake

Here are the two I made up, one for each meal. Very simple! And it will certainly be delicious.

4 comments:

Lady-Light said...

This actually sounds extremely yummy...all you add to the cut-up vegetables is a little oil? No water? They don't dry out in the oven? I need details: want to make it (I think my hubby is going to make pumpkin cholent again; I'll keep you posted...)

Batya said...

Yes, m'dear, that simple. I almost never add water to vegetables. I don't want to lose the vitamins. This is simpler than you think. I'm a very lazy cook, and I absolutely love vegetables. I could finish a tray of this all by myself.

Lady-Light said...

...sent you an email...

Batya said...

OK, thanks