Friday, December 31, 2010

"Should I buy four dresses?"

I remember his Bar Mitzvah!  I was pregnant with my fourth child, first son, though I didn't know that I was carrying a boy.  My friend remembers me dancing:
"And your enormous belly kept going up and down.  I thought the baby was going to fly out."
That baby will be thirty at his next birthday, so you can calculate how old the groom is!  A couple of years ago, my friend decided to try to hurry her son into marriage by buying herself a dress to wear to his wedding.  NO, he wasn't dating anyone.  Nobody could see a wedding in the future but her.  So, when she spotted a dress which looked just perfect to wear to his wedding, she bought it.  It stayed in her closet waiting for a wedding for two years.

My friend told me that if I want my kids to get married I must buy a dress.
"But four of my kids are still single.  Should I buy four dresses?!?"
It did work for her.  So, I guess if I see a dress I can picture on myself at a child's wedding, then maybe I'll buy it, one by one, G-d willing!

Jewish wedding  Israel

Jewish wedding  Israel

Jewish wedding  Israel

gorgeous wedding

Jewish wedding  Israel

Jewish wedding  Israel

Jewish wedding  Israel

MAZAL TOV!

4 comments:

Pesky Settler said...

I love those tambourines! Gonna steal that idea.

Batya said...

Very speciall for sure.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
Couldn't hurt. This reminds me of stories of barren women, full of later rewarded faith, buying baby carriages. There's also a story of a family that was waiting to adopt. Their rav told them to prepare a room with everything necessary to receive a baby. Their prayers were answered when they were the only family on the list ready to immediately receive a baby who urgently needed a home.

Batya said...

one by one, when I find them/it, I'll know, G-d willing