Thursday, December 09, 2010

WikiLeaks Revenge. I'm Glad I Never Got A Paypal Account

This new make-believe, virtual world we live in has so many risks.  Tonight on Israeli news they were warning parents that two convicted pedophiles are free and contacting kids on facebook.  With the internet, not only don't parents know who their kids' friends are, but kids don't really know either.

I've been told many times that I need a paypal account, and you can see that many bloggers have it.  They're like virtual "pushkas," "pay-me charity  boxes on their blogs. 
"If you like what I write, pay something, please."
I haven't done it.  No, it's not because I don't need the money, it's just that I can't imagine confiding official information needed for a banking account to some computer screen.  Also for the longest time "paypal" was one of the drawing cards of viruses, hackers etc trying to get information you wouldn't want to give out.

Apparently, they don't want to work with WikiLeaks anymore and WikiLeaks is taking revenge.  I don't want to be a casualty of cyber-war.  Ironically, I just finished reading a book, Case of Lies by Perri O'Shaughnessy, which deals with internet hacking.  I can type, but I don't understand how any of this hacking etc works.   I don't keep my money under my mattress, but I'm not trying paypal so quickly, especially after this.

No comments: