Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Favorite All-Purpose Cure-All?

What's your most used, effective "folk medicine?"  A cure-all which isn't a medicine, just something you can take for those vague or viral aches, pains etc...

Yesterday I felt "off" when I returned from Kever Rachel.  It's probably one of the reasons I wrote such a negative post.  It wasn't my most pleasant experience there.  I'll probably blog more when I'm in the mood or can find a more humorous way of describing what happened.

I had some green tea with lemon and honey, which didn't do all that much.  I followed my appetite and didn't have a chicken dinner.  I made up vegetables and quinoa instead.  And I drank a lot of water with freshly squeezed lemon.  I also had some this morning before my coffee.  Yes that's my "cure-all," freshly squeezed lemon in water.  It's great for flus, colds, dehydration etc.  Too much honey isn't good.  Generally once I'm feeling better I find the lemon in water disgusting, but when I'm not feeling well, it tastes fine.

3 comments:

Jennifer in MamaLand said...

My husband drinks ginger ale for everything! He won't tell me if there's anything wrong with him, but if I see the ginger ale... I know.
Chocolate can cure anything. It even has a fancy Latin name: Theobroma cacao. Just call it a folk remedy!

Leora said...

I mix up hot water, seaweed, garlic and hot pepper sauce. All supposedly have curative factors.

For my kids, I prepare ginger root in hot water with honey.

Batya said...

Jennifer, does the ginger ale work?
Chocolate? how pure?

Leora, could you bring your cures the next time I'm not feeling well?