Monday, December 06, 2010

Solved! The Case of the Missing Comments

I'm no computer maiven.  Luckily they taught us typing in the 7th Grade in JHS 74, Bayside, NY.  It's probably one of the most valuable things I ever learned in school.  I was taught old-fashioned touch-typing on a giant Remington manual typewriter.

Yes, it looked something like this one and was perched on a high desk, which is one of the reasons I can't use those low, under the table slide computer keyboards.

Back to the topic, sorry for the tangent...
Of late I've noticed that comments to my blogs, especially Shiloh Musings, arrive in my email inbox, but I can't find them on the blog.  It's rather Twilight Zone. I compose replies in my head and then head off to the blog and... strange, there's no such comment.  This has been happening much too frequently.  Tonight I decided to search.

I checked out my blogger dashboard, clicked "comments" and saw that there were a couple of tabs:
Awaiting Moderation
Spam
And there they were, cowering in the spam box, but they weren't spam.  At least most weren't spam.  They were comments from my loyal readers, the ones who have no problem conversing with me via the comment option on my blog.

I've learned my lesson.  I have to check more frequently.  I do check my yahoo spam box.  That's where not only do I find most comments, but I find letters I've sent.

Actually, this blog rarely gets comments.  But I don't write about such mundane matters on Shiloh Musings.  No offense intended.

7 comments:

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I learned how to type on something like that also, even though we were using computers in sixth grade. I gradually progressed from an eight year old hunting-and-pecking to learning touch-typing with a printed typing manual.

Batya said...

Really, I thought they'd all been sent off to graze. It took me so long to get used to the sensitive keyboards of electric typewriters.

Hadassa said...

Shalom!
I grew up in a very large house, with a huge attic, that was sold after I, the youngest, was already living in Israel. Nothing was sent to graze. Poking around in closets and cabinets provided a child with endless entertainment and learning opportunities. Kids growing up in a throw-away society are missing out on a lot.

Merav said...

Dear Batya
Although I don't usually add comments,I follow your blog frequently, enjoy it, learn from you and even my family members know about "mom's virtual friend from Shilo: :-)".

HAPPY HANUKAH and GOOD HEALTH

Batya said...

Hadassa, my married daughter is looking forward to rescuing her childhood library from the attic for her kids.

Merav, I'm so glad to "meet you." Thanks for commenting.

Mrs. S. said...

Thanks for the tip about the missing comments. I had the same issue.

Happy Chanukah and chodesh tov!

Batya said...

Mrs. S, so I'm not the only one?